Thursday, November 10, 2011

Finished my book


Now I’m sure for some people in our class this is no big deal because it seems like all they do when they get home is read and read and I understand that. My girlfriend locks herself in a different world where I can’t get a hold of her when she gets caught up in a good book and that’s all fine and dandy! But I don’t work that way. I really like my book which was called Little Brother by Cory Doctorow but even then I only read during school in classes I wasn’t really caught up in or the occasional time at home when there was absolutely nothing on TV that caught my interest. But by golly I did it, all 390 ish pages of it. It was about a kid that was a techno-genius who happened to be in the wrong place during a terrorist attack in San Francisco and was accused of being an accomplice in the whole thing. He was interrogated illegally and eventually was released. He found that the government had begun to use outrageous means to keep track of people in a hope to find other potential terrorists so he vowed to use his knowledge of technology to sabotage the government to the point that the public would see that an unknown student somewhere was single handedly bringing down an ad hoc government institution made only to overly “protect” against future terrorism. It had a little bit of everything though. There was some romance, some mystery, some drama; it was pretty epic…not gonna lie. I’ll be doing that book review project on it so if you like how this sounds I’ll be giving more info about it whenever I get around to doing that….until then….stay classy San Diego!

No comments:

Post a Comment